The shift from phone support to self-service options has become increasingly popular. In most cases, the primary motivation behind this transition is cost optimization.
However, it doesn't have to compromise customer experience. In fact, embracing self-service can enhance the overall customer experience.
Distribution of workload in call center is uneven. This image is a real example of a company motivating customers to call in the time slots convenient for business, not customers.
- 24/7 Availability: Self-service is available round the clock, always ready to assist customers, even when your team is off-duty.
- Zero Waiting Time: Frustrating hold music on the phone and long waiting times will be diminished.
- Independence: Customers love being in control. Self-service empowers them to find answers and resolve issues on their own terms.
- High Retention: Customers will return to purchase your products and services.
- Increase Customer Satisfaction: Happy customers reduce churn rate and might even refer others to your business.
- Reduce Costs: Self-service not only benefits customers but also, in most cases, reduces your operational expenses.
Self-service with high CX:
With that in mind, it’s important to keep customer experience in mind when implementing self-service.
Based on our experience, here's what works well:
- Give your clients the choice. Offer self-service or phone support (or other support channels). Provide them the choice to select what suits them best.
- Highlight the Perks. Ensure your customers are aware of the benefits of self-service. Education is essential.
- Have a safety net. Offer a smooth transition from self-service to a call center agent, if necessary.
The transition to self-service can be a win-win for both you and your customers.
It's a smart way to enhance customer experience and simultaneously reduce your operational costs.
If you wish to enhance your customers' journeys with the self-service option, please let us know.
Book a free consultation at Amio.io to receive a comprehensive analysis of your business and initial guidance on how to start implementing self-service."